.....well...... sort of.......
Next week I have about 25 hours of editing to do. I also have 12 piano students and 1 voice student to teach, 6 hours of teaching at the small music academy where I spend my Saturdays, 15 hours of Cenerentola rehearsals, 2 Cenerentola performances, and a lesson (which I'll be taking, not teaching). Oh, and I have to finish my taxes. Hardly a vacation, I'd say! I do, however, get to sleep in at least a little past 5:30, which is when I usually have to get up to make it to class on time. I will also have time for a few lunch and coffee dates with friends and a concert.
Happily, during the second week of my break, I have the following things on my calendar:
- Sushi with good friend LL
- An overnight trip to Port Townsend with Alec to visit his brother, where we'll be staying in a quaint Victorian hotel
- A haircut
- A coaching or two, and a lesson
- Planning an upcoming short recital
- A massage, to get rid of some of the aforementioned tension
Just looking at all that lovely white, empty space on my calendar (yes -- I still use a hand-written date book, if you can believe it) for that week makes me feel more relaxed already!