Saturday, June 11, 2005

Two Nice Things....

The final performance of In Trousers was tonight. The kids did a fantastic job, and it was really well received. On a personal note, two nice things happened while I was playing the show. First, the mother of one of the actresses came up to me after the performance last night to compliment me on my playing, and at after I thanked her she asked me if I was a student at the school (it's a high school!). Oddly, this is the 3rd time in the last couple shows I've played for at schools that I've been asked this. I choose to take it as a compliment on my young appearance, rather than "Wow, you play really well for a 16-year old!" They always seem surprised to hear that I'll be turning 30 (yikes!) in a couple months. I suppose, since my voice type is such that I may spend a good part of my career playing young boys on stage, it's not so bad to be mistaken for a 16-year old at age 29. Although, Alec just shook his head in disbelief when I told the story to him. Oh, well...

The other nice thing is that Molly, one of the other actresses, is Adam Arkin's daughter, and tonight he came to see the show! He was just one of the other proud parents in the room, but I'm a big fan, and it was exciting to have that very small brush with fame. He loved the show, by the way.

No comments: